Sunday, October 10, 2010

Charter School

I have the opportunity to set up the music lab for a new charter school and am really excited about doing the research that will be required.  Since I am on the governance board for the new charter school, I'll have some control over what is included.   I would love input from anyone who has experience with this situation.

I have several contacts but one can never have too many suggestions.   It will be a wonderful opportunity to give a great experience to students who don't do well in the traditional classroom environment.

Sally Ritchie

1 comment:

  1. We are into our second semester of SILA, our new charter school. I really want to thank the people who helped me with the hardware and software planning. We purchased an electronic drum set, top of the line Clavinova, electronic equipment, and software that addresses composition and theory among other things. We have a large screen Mac too. If we would let them, many of the students would spend the entire day in the music room. It is in the large ensemble room outside of my office so I am able to observe/help easily. The students have formed two different music groups and many have begun to play instruments that had never had the opportunity before. It is very rewarding to watch. Last week I set up a visit to a recording studio for two of the students who will now share the information that they learned with the other students. The charter school affords a different type of learning environment and allows for outside experts to share their knowledge.

    ReplyDelete